Design Within Reach, Atlanta
Design Within Reach
Design Architect, Interior Designer
Architect of Record: plexus r+d architecture; MEP: Gausman & Moore; Lighting: Light Studio LA
13,000 sq. ft.
About the Project
The new DWR Atlanta Studio provides design enthusiasts with 13,000 square feet of engaging design innovation, complimentary design services and exceptional client experience from best-in-the-industry design account executives.
Features of the new Studio:
– Twenty-six room vignettes integrating iconic classics by designers such as Charles and Ray Eames and George Nelson with pieces designed by emerging designers like Egg Collective, Norm Architects and Jonas Wagell.
– Swatch Wall: A 30-foot-long material and color spectrum comprising hundreds of wall-mounted upholstery tiles offers a glimpse of the more than 3,000 custom options available from Maharam, Knoll®, Edelman® Leather and Spinneybeck®, among others.
– Private Showroom: Designers and clients may meet with their DWR Account Executive for personalized design consultation. DWR also offers in home visits.
– Light Cloud: An installation of nearly 100 pendant lights glows above the Studio entrance.
– Soft Square Lounge: An expansive lounge of custom-upholstered poufs in myriad colors.
– Home Office: A dedicated area of home workspace solutions located on the Mezzanine level.
– Outdoor Terrace: An extensive assortment of outdoor collections for lounging and dining, with an exterior display terrace and green roof that offers views of the Downtown skyline.
“Atlanta is a booming city with a vibrant design community,” says John Edelman, DWR CEO. “The new space provides the opportunity to serve this growing clientele with three times as much modern design as before.”